KML Stand-Out Style Bearing Housings are outstanding! They provide the next level of sanitary performance in High Moisture Application Bearing Systems.
In today’s world of Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls documentation made mandatory by the Food Safety & Modernization Act, any reduction in bacterial harborage sites is a plus. This new housing design allows clean-in-place (CIP) operation with elimination of crevices at the bearing-edge mounting location. This exciting next generation design provides the following benefits:
- Cavities and bacteria harborage sites are eliminated.
- Seams are reduced to self-draining cylindrical posts.
- The bearing operating area is moved further away from the product area.
- Fabrication and welding of clearance spacers is eliminated saving time and money.
- Bearing Housings are designed for use with open & closed caps and rear seals.
- Inch size shaft seals are available for both open caps and rear seals.
- Stainless Steel wide inner ring insert bearings are standard.
KML Stand-Out™Bearing Housings meet today’s HARPC requirements
KML Evolving Corrosion Resistant Food Processing Equipment Product Design
- Surface finishes are smoother and shinier for ease of cleaning
- Ra125 or better is the accepted standard for surface finish
- Cavities and bacteria harborage sites are eliminated
- Cast stand-off posts eliminate seams and allow cleaning-in-place while moving the bearing away from the product area
- Water ingress of critical Power Transmission and Motion Control equipment is not acceptable.
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) is the new standard.